Technical Architect (fixed term contract – 6 months)
Hours: 37.5 core hours: mon-fri, 9am-5pm (availability required 8am-8pm)
Location: Nantgarw, Cardiff
Salary: Up to £60,000 (pro rata)
Connect Assist is a specialist contact centre business. We create positive human outcomes through providing dedicated helplines and smart software platforms to charity, third sector and public sector organisations as well as selected commercial organisations.
We are the UK’s leading specialist helpline provider and a leader in public sector service technology. We are a fast-growing business seeking the right talent to help drive the next stage of growth for our business.
As an equal opportunities and disability confident employer we believe diversity brings advantages to our clients, our business and our employees.
We are committed to building an inclusive environment and welcome suitable applications from all backgrounds.
We encourage you to let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can take to aid you at any point throughout our recruitment process.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Leading on the design of technical solutions involving both Cloud and On-prem services
• Providing design documentation including HLDs and LLDs
• Provide technical leadership during the Discovery and Design stages
• Understand company needs to define system requirements
Skills and experience
• Experience designing and supporting integrated Cloud services, with an emphasis on Enterprise Applications including application monitoring and log reporting
• Capable of working with a team of Business Analysts, Application experts and a remote development team to lead on the creation of solutions and design secure services that will meet customer requirements
• Ideally, experience of working with Central Government and an understanding of the level of documentation required for Central Government customers
• Ideally already possessing Security Clearance but if not, the ability to get Security Clearance is essential
• Understanding of technical governance and participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
• Making and guiding decisions. Effectively make and guide decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. You must have the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
• Experience in cloud technologies
• Familiarity with Databases, APIs and data management across integrated Cloud systems
• Problem solving aptitude
• Interest in working with the team to help increase their understanding of technical documentation and best practice processes
• Helping educate and support the implementation of best practice Release Management techniques – keeping in mind that we don’t write a lot of code for the projects that we deliver – the majority of the work we do is around customisation and configuration of Oracle Service Cloud or Integrating Oracle with other systems, both Cloud and On-Prem.
To all Business Management Systems, including but not limited to:
• ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
• ISO 27001 Security Management System
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.