Senior Solutions Consultant
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000
Reporting to the Implementations Team Leader, you will have a varied and exciting workload providing consultancy and advice to the Sales team and our customers as well as a hands on role in designing and configuring solutions that meet and anticipate the most complex customer needs, including some of our most high profile projects; at times you may be required to build prototypes of these. You will additionally be required to undertake complex reporting development to requirements.
The type of person who would be the best fit for this role would be one that is highly organised, can maintain calm under significant pressure, possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to achieve aims through persuasion.
You will be required to:
- Assist the Sales team by providing advice and consultancy
- Be the lead on designing and assuring the quality of solutions
- Configure systems and develop reports
Main duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Solutions Consultant your primary role will be to ensure that all solutions in which are you are involved are delivered quickly and effectively, to meet the requirements and aims of the project. In performing this role, you will be required to design solutions to complex problems and to give advice where possible and appropriate, including helping to develop and guide your colleagues to achieve the same.
Other core responsibilities:
- Provide consultancy, guidance and advice to customers, sales and internal support teams including on audits, tenders and RFI projects
- Produce product/service design and prototyping for customer and business needs and to ensure that these are adequately documented within solution specifications
- Peer review solutions to ensure they meet the quality required for the project and that they meet the security standards expected
- Capture and produce high quality requirements specifications, when necessary
- Carry out go-live activities in-line with project needs
- Ensure successful delivery of change requests, reviewing requirements and liaising with the Sales and Development teams to enable swift delivery
- Carry out any additional jobs in-line with business needs
- Act as customer advocate to help ensure our solutions lead to high customer satisfaction within budget
- Assist the Implementations Team Leader with other activities, as required
- Operate in compliance with all Company policy & procedures, HR best practice and relevant regulations required e.g. PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001
Skills and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject; or suitable level of previous experience in similar role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with different types of systems with little prior experience
- Strong experience of working with CRM systems, or appropriate transferable skills
- Excellent communication skills with both customers and internal/external stakeholders
- Strong written skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel etc.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently within tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate issues to both technical and to non-technical staff
- Demonstrably strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Competence in Welsh, Tamil or Hindi languages is desirable but not essential
- Ability to obtain SC clearance is essential
To all Business Management Systems, including but not limited to:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- ISO 27001 Security Management System
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.