Head of Sales
Hours:37.5 Core hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (availability required 8am – 8pm)
Location:Mix of remote working, attendance at Head Office and at external locations
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000 (dependant on experience)
Connect Assist is a specialist contact centre business. We create positive human outcomes through providing dedicated helplines and smart software platforms to charity, third sector and public sector organisations as well as selected commercial organisations.
We are the UK’s leading specialist helpline provider and a leader in public sector service technology. We are a fast-growing business seeking the right talent to help drive the next stage of growth for our business.
The Head of Sales role will be focused around delivering recurring new revenue through the onboarding of new partners.
To play a fundamental role in the development and delivery of our strategic growth plans by delivering against current and mid-term sales targets, and as the business grows and evolves to identify and manage the corresponding growth of the sales team. This role requires exceptional abilities to sell to new partners and also to mentor and manage a new sales team as required. Core target markets are, Charities, Local Government and Central Government
Other relevant sectors as communicated by the Chief Sales Officer.
Main duties and responsibilities
These may vary accordingly, but tasks will generally involve:
• Team build, lead and develop a team of Sales Consultants as required
• Oversee the adoption of departmental vision and values, which form part of the organisation culture
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Contribute to additional sales team projects, campaigns and continuous improvement of the sales process
• Attendance as required at direct sales meetings, events and conferences
• Deliver the sales strategy as communicated by the Chief Sales Officer
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry, researching and analysing sales options
• Effectively qualify leads and manage opportunities to sell
• Sell propositions by establishing contact and developing/maintaining relationships with prospects by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending value and service improvements
• Identify proposition improvements or new products by maintaining up to date on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
• Analyse the information in the sales databases to provide meaningful insight and actionable theme identification: prepare reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information
Quality & proposition development
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
• Work in close partnership with the marketing function to drive engagement
• Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards
• Operate in compliance with all company policy & procedures, HR best practice and relevant regulations required e.g. PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will ideally demonstrate:A strong track record in sales, ideally in outsourcing.
• A strong track record in sales, ideally in outsourcing.
• A demonstrable skill in identifying sales opportunities from various external sources of information.
• A proven ability to manage complex solution-oriented sales.
• Strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the consumer base, the competitive market, and an ability to analyse sales department performance.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment, preferably working in a senior sales position.
• Proven and successful ability to lead a group of sales personnel towards growth of enhanced sales volumes and enhanced revenue generation, while displaying exceptional leadership skills and confidence.
• Exceptional communication skills demonstrating an ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-suite level.
• A self-motivated individual, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, adaptable to business growth fluctuations, able to work comfortably and effortlessly in group settings, be a persuasive and charismatic individual, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and work well under the pressure of stringent deadlines.
• Experience of evaluating product/market situations and analysing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches.
• Ability to tailor messages in relation to the audience at hand and to present even the most complex messages in clear, simple, digestible, and convincing terms. These skills must be excellent in both written and verbal form.
• Solid understanding of the use of social media in client engagement and sales.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Sound knowledge of IT and ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Full clean driver’s licence.
Health and safety
Health and safety procedures must always be followed in order to control risks to self and others.
To all Business Management Systems, including but not limited to:
• ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
• ISO 27001 Security Management System
Deadline for applicants: 29th June 2021
Requirements for application: Cover letter and CV sent via email to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.