Business Analyst Project Manager
Hours: 37.5 core hours: mon-fri, 9am-5pm
Location: Nantgarw, Cardiff
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience)
This is a combined role that will be looking for key elements of both the Project management and Business Analyst skillsets.Reporting to the Implementations Team Leader, your varied and exciting workload will involve working directly with clients, internal, and external stakeholders as a consultant, guiding them to better understand what they require and to deliver this as part of a project team.
You will achieve this by undertaking detailed requirement gathering (both operationally and technically) to meet their business objectives, supporting the wider business teams to develop the required solutions to the desired quality, budget and time.
You will also use your sound knowledge and experience of Project Management techniques and methodologies to support in ensuring a smooth transition of projects through the design and delivery process.
The type of person who would be the best fit for this role would be one that is highly organised, can maintain calm under significant pressure, possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to achieve aims through persuasion.
You will be required to:
• Gather requirements and guide stakeholders to achieving this
• Work confidently and communicate well with stakeholders at all levels providing regular and timely updates to all
• Develop and maintain project plans to ensure project requirements are clearly understood and delivered accordingly
Main duties and responsibilities
Your primary role will be to work on multiple, simultaneous projects and ensure these meet the requirements of the stakeholders within the agreed budget and quality requirements.
Other core responsibilities:
• Working with key stakeholders to advise upon and understand the detailed requirements to meet their business needs (such as operational processes and system requirements)
• Investigate and understand business processes, workflows and information flows to ensure that requirements are correctly understood
• Liaise with technical stakeholders to ensure any system requirements are visualised and captured in-line with business requirements
• Design project timelines and write project plans to ensure the successful communication of project expectations to all stakeholders
• Manage, document and appropriately escalate RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies) log for all projects, working with colleagues and customers to successfully deal with these
• Act as a customer advocate to help ensure our solutions lead to high customer satisfaction within budget
• Support the project team and stakeholders with the implementation of the requirements to ensure requirements and project timeline are met
• Deliver training on the output solution
• Deliver “show and tells” to project stakeholders periodically throughout the project delivery in order to demonstrate progress and illicit early feedback
• Promote the professional image of the team and company both externally and internally
• Assist the Implementations Team Leader with other activities, as required
• Operate in compliance with all Company policy & procedures, HR best practice and relevant regulations required e.g. PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001, 9001 and 14001
Skills and experience
• Degree in Computer Science or related subject; or suitable level of previous experience in similar role
• Experience of working with industry recognised business analyst or project management qualification, such as those from IIBA, ISEB, BCS OR PRINCE2, Agile, Scrum
• Excellent communication skills with both customers and internal/external stakeholders
• 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent analytical skills and a very good eye for detail
• Ability to understand and articulate customer requirements
• Strong written skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel etc.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently within tight deadlines
• Demonstrably strong negotiation and persuasion skills, able to talk through impacts, risks and advise on solutions
• Strong commercial awareness with ability to manage budgets and forecast expenditure
• Competence in Welsh, Tamil or Hindi languages is desirable
To all Business Management Systems, including but not limited to:
• ISO 9001 Quality Management System
• ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
• ISO 27001 Security Management System
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.